We’ll not dilly-dally with an introduction; we came to lay it down, so let the down-laying commence:
1. You can hotswap carts with the Nintendo DSi, pulling out one game and dropping in another, without having to turn your system on/off. Stan64 mentioned this feature last night, but we dismissed the idea as crazy! Then we saw this short video:
2. The power button may have more power than before. Unless we’re totally reading this wrong, the power button will bring up the menu in DSWare applications, similar to the Wii’s Home button. It may also act as a reset button in DS games.
3. You can use the DSi camera to make a daily calendar album of pretty much whatever pictures you want. The idea is create a visual diary of things you see while walking around with your DSi.
4. Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has a few random ideas for future DSWare applications, such as “a Zelda calculator, an Animal Crossing clock, street maps for various large cities, or possibly a simple Tetris.” This is stuff off the top of his head rather than confirmed holiday releases, but it’s interesting to see what he has in mind for DSWare.
5. Two more visualizers have been revealed: one featuring tapping feet, and another featuring a wireframe globe surrounded by constellations. The Mario one shown below is the same visualizer we detailed not too long ago!